Welcome to ClearBench!
Here are a few simple steps to prepare and configure synchronization of your ConnectWise account with your new ClearBench scheduling solution.
1. To customize ClearBench to your
corporate image, you can import your logo.
a. Large logo 207 px (width) x 26 px (height)
b. Small logo 43 px (width) x 26 px (height)
2. Identify your ClearBench Administrator: the main contact who will receive notifications and sync error alerts during configuration.
3. Does your company use Microsoft 365?
a. If so, you can choose to use Single Sign-On with Microsoft 365
b. If not, users and passwords will be managed directly in ClearBench.
4. To sync service tickets in ClearBench, select the ConnectWise service board you want to sync.
5. Have your ConnectWise company ID on hand.
6. If you are using ConnectWise
a. Have your ConnectWise URL on hand (System > My company > Owner > Miscellaneous options > Site)
b. Have the 443-port open on your Firewall
7. Create your ConnectWise API keys (following section)
How to create your ConnectWise Manage API keys
To integrate and synchronize ClearBench with ConnectWise Manage, you will need to create an API Member and an API Key as follows:
1. Log on to ConnectWise Manage as an administrator.
2. To create a new security role, go to the Security roles management page (System menu > Security roles). Next, click on the “+” button.
On the new Security role’s
page, fill in the following fields:
Role ID: ClearBench Integration
Once saved, you will be
redirected to the security module for the ClearBench Integration security role.
You will need to set the following items:
Companies > Company maintenance > Inquire Level set to all
> CRM/Sales Activities > Inquire Level set to All
> Project Headers > Inquire Level set to All
> Project Tickets > Inquire Level set to All
> Opportunity > Inquire Level set to All
Desk > Service Tickets > Inquire Level set to All
Desk > Resource Scheduling > Add Level, Edit Level, Delete Level, Inquire
Level set to All
> Table Setup > Inquire Level set to All
> Member Maintenance > Inquire Level set to All
> My company > Inquire Level set to All
and Expense > Time Entry > Inquire Level set to All
Project > Project scheduling > Add level,
Edit level, Delete level and Inquire level set to all
Project > Project teams > Add level, Edit level, Delete level and Inquire level set to all
Project > Project ticket dependencies > Add level, Edit level, Delete level and Inquire level set to all
Project > Project tickets > Add level, Edit level, Delete level and Inquire level set to all
5. To create a new API key, click
on the API Keys tab and click on the “+” button.
6. Enter “ClearBench API key” in the description field and click on the Save button. Note the two API keys (public and private); you will need them in the ConnectWise Configuration section (in the Configuration menu) in ClearBench.
How to use Clearbench at its full potential
If you want to use Clearbench at his full potential, here are the elements that should be defined into Manage.
In Members section in ConnectWise you have to setup (if not setup into
CW, in the CB filter it will be empty for the following options)
· Daily capacity
· Assign a department (at first make sure you have setup the different departments)
· Assign a Work role (at first make sure you have setup the work roles)
· Location (not a mandatory field but need to be fill if you want to use it in CB)
· Identify Skill sets for each employee (optional)
· Certification for each employee (optional)
2. In CW setup table to have these 2 distinct elements below created (mandatory to be able to choose different color per activity type in CB (es: billable project, internal project)
· Opportunity type
· Project type
3. For all your projects
· Indicate the budgeted hours
· Will be used for Reporting (report section)
end date must be always updated (in CB we use the end date of projects to
know which project are still in progress. If your project has an end date
in the pass you won’t find this project into CB)
· % Complete: needed for project report
organization setup -> setup an activity type for holidays that will
then be synchronized into ClearBench
· To get an element in the setup table (charge code or service) to reuse it in CB to be able to do automatically mass assignment for Holidays