Welcome to ClearBench!
Here are a few simple steps to prepare and configure synchronization of your ConnectWise account with your new ClearBench scheduling solution.
1. To customize ClearBench to your
corporate image, you can import your logo.
a. Large logo 207 px (width) x 26 px (height)
b. Small logo 43 px (width) x 26 px (height)
2. Identify your ClearBench Administrator: the main contact who will receive notifications and sync error alerts during configuration.
3. Does your company use Microsoft 365?
a. If so, you can choose to use Single Sign-On with Microsoft 365
b. If not, users and passwords will be managed directly in ClearBench.
4. To sync service tickets in ClearBench, select the ConnectWise service board you want to sync.
5. Have your ConnectWise company ID on hand.
6. If you are using ConnectWise
a. Have your ConnectWise URL on hand (System > My company > Owner > Miscellaneous options > Site)
b. Have the 443-port open on your Firewall
7. Create your ConnectWise API keys (following section)
How to create your ConnectWise Manage API keys
To integrate and synchronize ClearBench with ConnectWise Manage, you will need to create an API Member and an API Key as follows:
1. Log on to ConnectWise Manage as an administrator.
2. To create a new security role, go to the Security roles management page (System menu > Security roles). Next, click on the “+” button.
On the new Security role’s
page, fill in the following fields:
Role ID: ClearBench Integration
Once saved, you will be
redirected to the security module for the ClearBench Integration security role.
You will need to set the following items:
Companies > Company maintenance > Inquire Level set to all
> CRM/Sales Activities > Inquire Level set to All
> Project Headers > Inquire Level set to All
> Project Tickets > Inquire Level set to All
> Opportunity > Inquire Level set to All
Desk > Service Tickets > Inquire Level set to All
Desk > Resource Scheduling > Add Level, Edit Level, Delete Level, Inquire
Level set to All
> Table Setup > Inquire Level set to All
> Member Maintenance > Inquire Level set to All
> My company > Inquire Level set to All
and Expense > Time Entry > Inquire Level set to All
Project > Project scheduling > Add level,
Edit level, Delete level and Inquire level set to all
Project > Project teams > Add level, Edit level, Delete level and Inquire level set to all
Project > Project ticket dependencies > Add level, Edit level, Delete level and Inquire level set to all
Project > Project tickets > Add level, Edit level, Delete level and Inquire level set to all
5. To create a new API key, click
on the API Keys tab and click on the “+” button.
6. Enter “ClearBench API key” in the description field and click on the Save button. Note the two API keys (public and private); you will need them in the ConnectWise Configuration section (in the Configuration menu) in ClearBench.